Project Management Institute, Southwestern Indiana Chapter, Inc. Announces its 2012 Community Service and Partnership Award Recipients
Newburgh, Indiana, Rolling Hills Country Club, Grand Ball Room: January 28, 2012
The community is a major focus of our delivery system and as such, we have developed many value-added partnerships. In recognition of the important contributions and impact our partners make in our communities, the annual PMI-SWIC Community Service Award recognizes our community leaders that have promoted the tenants, goals, and objectives of the Project Management Institute (PMI®) in association with the Southwestern Indiana Chapter (SWIC). These community partners sponsor programs that promote project management tools, techniques, and/or processes; influence the social and economic well-being of the community; promote education of youths and adults in the area of project management; and champion community service and corporate programs that promote environmental stewardship and “Green Management” practices.
This year’s nominees for the PMI-SWIC Community Service Award were:
- University of Southern Indiana, Linda L.M. Bennett PhD., President
- Evansville Courier and Press, Jack Pate, President and Publisher
- Vectren Corporation, Carl Chapman, Chair, President and CEO
- Old National Bank, Kathy Seiger, Branch Manager
- Tucker Publishing Group, Todd A. Tucker, President
- Lamar-Evansville #248, S. Carter Clarke, VP/GM
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Technical Operations, Bill Mitchell, Executive Director and GM
The 2012 recipients:
- Winner: Evansville Courier and Press, Jack Pate, President and Publisher
- First Runner-Up: Vectren Corporation, Carl Chapman, Chair, President and CEO
- Second Runner-Up: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Technical Operations, Bill Mitchell, Executive Director and GM.
While all of our nominees are “winners” in their own right, please join us in congratulating our 2012 recipients for their distinguished service to our communities. The impact that these organizations have on our communities is phenomenal.
In addition, we introduced a new award this year, the PMI-SWIC Partnership award. This award is granted to a PMI-SWIC partner that has promoted the tenants, goals, and objectives of the PMI-SWIC brand by hosting and supporting chapter events.
This year’s nominees for the PMI-SWIC Partnership Award were:
- CURVAL Enterprises LLC
- TEK Systems
- KakePops by Kashari
- Rolling Hills Country Club
- Vincennes University
- Evansville Vanderburgh Airport Authority
The 2012 Recipient:
- Winner: Rolling Hills Country Club
Congratulations to the Board of Directors, members, and families of this great community asset.