The Project Management Institute Southwestern Indiana Chapter (PMI-SWIC) is a non-profit, all volunteer association. PMI-SWIC is a chartered chapter of the Project Management Institute serving the project management community inthe tri-state area for southwestern Indiana, western Kentucky, and southern Illinois.
We are strategically aligned with the PMI global organization to proactively advance the practice, science and profession of project management, and its goal is to have organizations embrace, value, and utilize project management and attribute their success to it.
- Advocate for the value of project management and the profession to our chapter members
- Foster a network of project management practitioners, stakeholders, consultants and educators in Southwestern Indiana to strengthen the profession and its successful practice
- Develop strategic partnerships that are of mutual benefit to PMI, PMI-SWIC, and the partnering organization.
- Offer professional development in all areas of the profession and recognize leadership excellence among the membership aligned with PMI’s Talent Triangle
The PMI-SWIC serves as the recognized leader in supporting project management stakeholders and promote the value of project management throughout Southwestern Indiana. PMI Southwestern Indiana Chapter’s objective is to be a forum for excellence in Project Management that will increase the awareness, effectiveness and value of professional Project Management for practitioners and organizations alike.
To advance the practice and profession of project management throughout Southwest Indiana in a conscious and proactive manner to all stakeholders. PMI-SWIC will advance the practice and profession of project management throughout the Southwest Indiana, building awareness and professionalism of the Project Management discipline and its critical role in business and organization success.
PMI-SWIC is driven by a clear mission and an underlying set of values that guide how we act and influence the expectations of our stakeholders. Even as a diverse organization, we share a common set of core values that are not subject to changes in the association, business environment or dictated by trends in organization management. As part of our core ideology, PMI’s core values are enduring and are guiding principles upon which we act. At PMI-SWIC we believe in:
- Project Management Impact –Project management is a critical competence that has a positive influence on organization results and society
- Professionalism –Accountability and ethical behavior ensures our commitment to PMI stakeholders
- Volunteerism –Volunteers and effective volunteer partnerships with staff are the best way to accomplish the Institute’s goals and objectives
- Community –Bringing members of the global project management community together is the best way to advance the project management profession and facilitate their growth
- Engagement –Encouraging diverse viewpoints and enabling individuals to contribute to the project management profession and to the Institute